Lifetime Fuel Economy: 27.72 MPG(US)
90 Day Running Average: 0 MPG(US)
View this vehicle's gaslog and gas mileage chart
Vehicle Type : Gasoline
Curb Weight: 2530
|EPA City: 21
EPA Highway: 29
EPA Combined: 24
|- Blue 1988 Ford Tempo
- 98 horsepower 4 cylinder 2.3L engine with a 5 speed manual
- Purchased this vehicle for a mere $200 on 08/05/07 with 133,566 kilometres on the odometer.
- Currently has 135,535 kilometres, 1,967 kms since purchase.
- Insurance and registration is only $52 a month.
- Air conditioning, power steering, locks, trunk, mirrors & it has a nifty upshift light.
- New EPA: 21/29/24
- Old EPA: 23/32/27
- Drag Coefficient: 0.36
- Weighed the vehicle at a truck scale right after purchase: 1220 Kilograms with full tank of gas and myself seated inside. Minus my weight (60Kg) x 2.2 = 2,552 pounds. Currenly weighs in at 1200kg (2,508 pounds).
- taken the car to 163km/h on flat road and reached 180+km/h going down a valley.
Pictures of Gloria can be found here
Purchase Price: $200
Spare tire, jack & 2 flat wheelcovers: $15
New tailights: $30
New bulbs for brake and turn signal: $6.74
Insurance: 6 months: $302
Two brand new front tires, balance, & installation: $167.53
Oil Changes: $24.71
Car washes: $13
Total: $961.22 invested to date, $0.4881 per kilometre driven & $192.24 per month.
|- Engine block heater
- Engine bay insulation
- Flat wheel covers
- Au-naturel boat tail (rear struts are sagging)
- Removed front licence plate housing (08/06/07)
- Removed passenger side front seat (08/27/07)
- 2 new front tires installed (08/27/07)
- tires are now at 38 psi, sidewall states 35 psi maximum (08/27/07)
|*wrings hands together* muhahaha, pretty much anything I can do.
- Grille block
- install tachometer
- lower suspension somehow
- mirror removal
- remove air conditioning aparatus (it doesn't work anyway)
- relocate antenna
- the infamous '$50 paint job' treatment (thinking of making it black)
- make wheel skirts for both the front and back wheels
- make a Kammback
- belly pan
- tire deflectors
If I'm crazy enough:
- extreme weight reduction
- slice off the roof, make a boat-tail and turn it into an ultra-aero car similar to my avatar!