Just bought a Civic VX - Page 2 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2007, 09:32 AM   #11
Supporting Member

Congrats. An excellent choice.There are quite some VX owners on here by now. Show us some pics of your VX (I know to some they all look the same)!

McPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 07:50 PM   #12
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
burning a quart of oil per month is vauge, my crx burns a quart of oil every 200-300 miles, if I drive two miles a day in a month I only burn a tiny bit of oil! the engine on a VX turns so slow that it shouldn't wear out in 290,000 miles unless someone has driven it really hard, or not taken care of it, so the whole car is suspect, and if it has aftermarket wheels on it then I would assume that it has been deeply abused.

GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 08:48 PM   #13
Registered Member

Yes, I really enjoy driving my VX. Not for performance or handing of course, but the efficiency of it is very satisfying. On the other hand, my partner says my car is miserable to drive. She says it's excruciatingly slow. She also says there's something wrong with it (occasional hesitation-like) but it doesn't bother me and I think it's mostly just the transition between V-Tech and non.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:09 AM   #14
Registered Member

The Civic VX is an awesome car. You might want to get your spark plugs checked out for the hesitation problem. As far as being slow?? Yeah on the top end it's slow but it has some pretty good starting power. Tell your friend if she wants to go fast pop this baby in 2nd gear!! 2nd gear on the highway will give you passing power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Yes, I really enjoy driving my VX. Not for performance or handing of course, but the efficiency of it is very satisfying. On the other hand, my partner says my car is miserable to drive. She says it's excruciatingly slow. She also says there's something wrong with it (occasional hesitation-like) but it doesn't bother me and I think it's mostly just the transition between V-Tech and non.

Non Gas Saver:
1994 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo
suprapsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 05:07 PM   #15
Registered Member

I test drove a VX back in 95 and it was too slow for me! My HX is way faster, but I'm looking forward to the 2009 Fit - might get 46 mpg hwg on the new EPA.
JESSE69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 04:21 AM   #16
Registered Member

Congrats on the VX! I've never driven a VX, but does a CX come close to it? They are awsome with FE. It's just too sad that most hatchbacks from 92-95 have been swamped out with bigger engines by tuners. I also drive a Honda Fit. Like Matt Timion posted earlier, I was thinking about getting rid of the Fit. My spouse doesn't like my car either. She's got kind of a lead foot when driving my Fit. She keeps telling me that it's an ugly shape, but she won't let me get rid of it either. Any plans to stiffen the chasis or do any aerodynamic mods to your VX?
204snic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:48 PM   #17
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
How fast of a car do you need? highest speed limit in nearly half the states is 65mph, 75mph is the highest in the country! my VX has no problem going that fast, nor getting up to that speed with 5 people in it, any faster acceleration and it would be a hazard to other drivers, and you would get tickets for reckless driving.

GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote