Hi Bubba and all,
Thank you for your interest in my SuperMID and PM.
* fuel usage measurement
Please note that there are a lot of types fuel injection system.
The SuperMID measures the pulse width signal of one of fuel injectors.
- MPFI with high impedance injector works best.
- MPFI with low impedance injector needs special circuit.
- TBI with a single injector works good.
- TBI with dual injectors does not work since SuperMID has only one onput.
(I think the each injector has different characteristic.)
- Continuous injection like Bosch's K-Jetronic does not work.
- Electric carburetor does not work.
- Diesel injectors does not work, I think.
I can't find any detail specifications about it, and can't judge whether it works or not.
* distance measurement
- recent Toyota and Honda vehicles have digital clean VSS signal.
- The standard is 4 pulses/rev of speedometer cable or 2548 pulses/km, or sometimes 4000 pulses/mile.
- We need special filter circuit for a mechanical switch VSS, which produces a chattering and noisy pulse, like installed on landspeed's Nissan.
- For those which does not have any VSS, I can supply mechanical switch VSS for Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Mazda and Daihatsu with the filter circuit.
Which cars can use a scanguage or super-mid?