$79 5 wire O2 sensor - who has bought one? - Page 17 - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Tech, Troubleshooting and Repair > General Maintenance and Repair
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2007, 07:23 PM   #161
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via MSN to GasSavers_TomO Send a message via Yahoo to GasSavers_TomO
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993CivicVX View Post
Wow, paint job looks pretty pro.
I agree with jacinto on the paint Job. It looks great and a great looking color, Gary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993CivicVX View Post
TomO Based on your hypothesis, does that mean my o2 sensor is working properly once it is warmed up and the only thing wrong with it is that it's taking too long to warm up?
That is what I'm inferring from the information you gave us on the condition that is causing the CEL to come on. Even though the CEL code for the O2 heater isn't being tripped. But remember YMMV (your mileage may vary) in other words...it may be something else that is causing your new O2 to trip the CEL.

Honda Civic VX Info/Links
Remember to use good Webiquette!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
controversy is an idea thought up by weak people who are too afraid to hear the truth.
GasSavers_TomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 08:33 PM   #162
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomO View Post
I agree with jacinto on the paint Job. It looks great and a great looking color, Gary.
Thanks Jacinto and Tom! The best part is, I used a $30 spray gun from the flea market. My friend Jaime and I bought each bought a gun at the market - my paint job came out better for some reason and yes, if you look at it close up, it's still glassy smooth (alot of dry sanding - that's the new wet sanding with just 3M discs).

Gary

garyhgaryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 04:09 AM   #163
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to 1993CivicVX
It may have been giving two codes TomO. After it finished giving the code, it started flashing again. I can't remember if I let it go all the way through again or if I just assumed it had started over. Seems plausible it may have been giving a second code. I didn't think to check for two codes at the time. But speaking of YMMV. It appears at this point my car is using less gas than it was before I popped the new o2 sensor in. Yeah, I'm duly impressed Gary. For a pro to do that would have cost you thousands of dollars!

Car mods are overrated. Just gotta adjust that nut behind the wheel for best mpg.

Forget about World Peace...Visualize using your turn signal.
1993CivicVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 11:26 AM   #164
Registered Member

from the good folks at Global-Automotive:

Dear Valued Customer,

If the light goes off once the engine is hot, then the sensor is not the problem.

There is probably another dead sensor by the cat conv.

If your mechanic was unable to properly diagnose this then we suggest you take it somewhere else.

Buyer cannot automatically assume the new item is defective, especially if the vehicle was never hooked to a scanner.

The plugs also need to be cleaned and inspected to assure proper contact. There are many things that could be the culprite.

We have been sell these 5 wire sensors for over 10 years to hundreds of smog and emission shops with no problems or returns.

Thanks,
Management

I find the last statement particularly interesting... no problems or returns.
the mechanic did have the o2 sensor hooked up to a scanner, but all he was able to tell me is that the o2 sensor is throwing the code -- and therefor needed to be replaced. What does anyone think of the parts I highlighted?

Car mods are overrated. Just gotta adjust that nut behind the wheel for best mpg.

Old 10-27-2007, 11:38 AM   #165
*shrug*

I doubt they understand you have only one o2 sensor, I doubt the plugs would cause a problem, but whatever...you shouldn't have told them any conjectures about it stopping when getting warm, just giving them ammunition to decide not to give you a replacement.
SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 11:43 AM   #166
Registered Member

true, I guess I don't want to replace it and am hoping I can get it working without needing to replace it.

The guy at the junkyard actually said it could be the connectors as well. But, yeah, I'm inclined to agree with you that that doesn't seem likely. They weren't causing a problem for the last o2 sensor.

Old 10-27-2007, 12:38 PM   #167
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danronian View Post
From the two motors I have, I've never seen a FITV on a d15z1.
Good point. ^_^

Stuck PCV valve maybe?
GasSavers_bobski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 07:45 PM   #168
Registered Member

I Hate Global Auto!
Old 11-03-2007, 01:26 PM   #169
Registered Member

Jacinto --
How's that O2 sensor working out?
I noticed your last fill up was 57mpg!
Gary
garyhgaryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 05:45 PM   #170
Registered Member

FYI I just put one of these $79 o2 sensors in a 96 HX and I have drove it 100 miles and it seems fine. I removed the P07 sticker that was on the sensor and it says VW Audi underneath, Nice huh? Well at least its working, the wires are also a little shorter than the stock L1h1