A very good day in Boise. - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-25-2008, 04:48 PM   #1
Registered Member

A very good day in Boise.

We had an Energy Festival 2008 today at the Discovery Center in Boise, Idaho. Last night we had a screening of "Who Killed the Electric Car" with director Chris Paine in attendance. A friend of his lives in Boise and had asked him to come to Boise and take a look at a few electric cars running around here. My O1 SL Saturn had achieved a little notice through an article written by a friend of my wife's. Through other round about connections I was asked to participate and discuss the modifications I have done to my Saturn even though it has nothing to do with electric vehicles.

http://www.idahobusiness.net/archive...he-pump--Focus

Chris Paine is working on a new movie. The title will be something like "Revenge of the Electric Car."

http://www.ecorazzi.com/2008/10/24/r...r-gets-a-blog/

He interviewed those of us displaying our cars. My car was noteworthy because of the gains achieved compared to the costs of the mods. Maybe it was apropos because it was a Saturn and the EV1 was sold through Saturn.
Many of us here could have made claims similar to mine. I tried to get in a plug for gassavers.org but I suppose 99% or more of what I said will end up cut from the documentary. Actually it is a heady thought that a few moments of what I said might actually end up in it. Chris's friend was quite pleased with my comments and was almost laughing behind the camera as I was being interviewed. Please pardon me if this sounds too much like just bragging but it was the most car fun I have had for a long time. I wanted to share with some others that could appreciate what it is like to be noticed for what we have learned and discussed on this site.

Ernie