Khaos Super Turbo Charger - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-09-2005, 11:26 AM   #1
Driving on E

Khaos Super Turbo Charger

There is a device in the Philippines that claims up to a 50% increase of gas mileage as well as drastically reduced emissions. I did a little googling today and put my end results in an article on "gas saving tips." I have also introduced a new section of the website entitled, "gadgets/modifcations that do NOT work."

If any of you want to test this item yourself, we can probably arrange for a group buy of the item and have them shipped. I know dozens of people in the Philippines, and I'm sure I can get one to help. If not, I can always fly there and purchase a bunch of them. I lived there for a few years, so I know the culture, language, etc.

Considering my association with the Philippines, I would love for such a device to have been created by a Filipino. The claims are just too good to be true, however. One rumor is that the inventor was offered $100 million US dollars to sell his invention. He declined as he wanted the money to help make his country rich, not just himself. This claim alone should start setting off red flags. First off, why wouldn't an american company just buy one of his devices for $100ish and then reverse engineer it? The last i read he has no patents in America. Secondly, $100million is a lot of money, especially for a Filipino in Quezon City. Considering the economic state the Philippines right now, he could live like a king for $100,000, let alone $100 million. And let's not forget the obvious. If he cared so much about the economy of his country, why not just keep $1 million for himself and then donate the rest to the country? Considering how long it would take the Philippines Government to make $100million USD off of taxes for the sale of his invention, selling would be the smartest move. The current peso to dollar exchange rate is 56:1. The device is sold for 6200 pesos, which is equal to around $110 (I'll round up for the sake of argument) Assuming their sales tax rate is 10% (it's much lower, believe me, I'm just trying to prove a point here) the government would get $11 for each item sold. This means it would take production and sale of over 9 million of these items to equal $99 million. Producing 9 million of these items would require a lot of money, time, and effort.

In other words, nothing about this smells right.

But if you want to get some, let me know.

Discuss

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 03:35 AM   #2
Registered Member

Did you ever hear anything more about this??

Old 09-12-2008, 05:26 AM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to suspendedhatch
This is what a Google search turns up.

"Does KSTC increase engine power?

Instantly! Increase in engine power is immediately felt right after installation. This is because the correct mixture ratio of 15 parts of air and 1 part of gasoline is attained. Complete combustion means more power. "

It's actually quite easy to attain a 15:1 or actually a 14.7:1 air to fuel ratio. It's not done by some aerating device in the fuel stream. It's done by carefully metering the amount of fuel that is sprayed into the combustion chamber, measuring the oxygen content of the burned mixture and then using the measured result to make an adjustment to get it even more accurate. Cars have been doing this since the widespread use of on board ECU's and fuel injection circa 1988.

A super/turbo charger would consist of a belt driven blower in tandem with an exhaust driven turbine. Such a thing has been done.

Civic VX, D15Z7, 5 Speed LSD, AEM EMS, AEM UEGO, AEM Twin Fire, Distributor-less, Waste Spark
suspendedhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 06:41 AM   #4

Oh no! Another air bleed device. I found some information here
markweatherill is offline   Reply With Quote