Help with my new intake manifold and throttle body - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 12-30-2005, 01:17 PM   #1
*shrug*

Help with my new intake manifold and throttle body

Well, there it is, I know I'm missing a few things, any tips on what they are? And where to get gaskets at? And misc. advice and cleaning tips?

SVOboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 04:12 PM   #2
Driving on E

Holy crap man. Talk about

Holy crap man. Talk about big pictures.

Anyway, looks like most of the stuff is there. You have your TPS sensor, your MAP sensor, your IAT sensor, all four fuel injectors, and even your PCV Valve. You are missing a few vacuum hoses, but you can look at any intake manifold to figure out what goes where.

As for cleaning I'd use a good engine degreaser. The only gasket you're going to need is the intake manifold gasket where the intake connects to the cylinder head. You can get it at Autozone.

If you have any specific questions I can help answer.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 04:38 PM   #3
*shrug*

Sweet. What about the gasket

Sweet. What about the gasket betwixt the TB and IM? Also, the pcv stuff is sposed to hook on to the IM somewhere, but that thingy is gone, even though it's really just a holder. Is this a good time to rig up my pcv can and reroute that hose? How much is the gasket at autozone? I figure I will search for d15b7 since that's the engine the manifold came from, even though it's not my engine.

Thanks. I dunno what crap looks like,
Old 01-02-2006, 04:14 AM   #4

You can get gaskets from any

You can get gaskets from any auto store for the cheap, or you can go to Honda [I do the later, just for comfort]. Is the TB RTV'd onto the IM? If so, I'd replace it with a gasket. If you're going to run a catch can, you're right in saying that now would be the time. I would also use this time to replace EVERY stitch of rubber coolant hose [with the exception of your radiator hoses if they're in good condition] and vacuum hose.
GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 09:35 AM   #5
*shrug*

Okay, thanks for the advice,

Okay, thanks for the advice, I might actually go pick up a cx manifold (this is a dx, and compare the size and think about using the cx. Hopefully tonight I'll get it.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:18 PM   #6
Registered Member

Lightly Port that bad-boy,

Lightly Port that bad-boy, and smooth up the TB as well.
You can get some gains in velocity and flow (and theoretically mileage)
from more efficient flow and reduced pumping losses. Power can go up
slightly too, many of the newer hi-tech engines get good power increases
thru efficiency increases, I have done many setups where the owners have
reported big power gains (dyno-verified) and better mileage too!

PS: A ported smaller intake will probably be better all around than
a non-ported bigger intake, depending on a variety of factors
including runner cross-section, length, plenum size, engine size and
porting level. Longer skinnier runners are probably for stock cams and
mileage.
RGR... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 08:20 PM   #7
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
what year is that

what year is that from?

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/ is what I get alot of parts from, they of course they alwas take 2 weeks to get anything to me, but if you are ordering a pile of parts, the shipping cost is worth it, and they are real honda parts, so you know they will fit right.

the cx throttle body is the same as the vx, they are both smaller then the SI, or DX, and use smaller manifolds as well I belive, but I could be wrong there, check the bolt spacing if you can, or mesure yours, and I'll do the same on mine.
something to watch out for is the TPS on your throttle body, it's calibrated, and not replacible as a seperate part, I've done alot of checking on this, and they tend to wear out every 180,000 miles or so, you can test them with a multi meter, checking the resistance.
GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 08:32 PM   #8
*shrug*

Quote:what year is that

Quote:
what year is that from?
EG Civic d16z6

Quote:
the cx throttle body is the same as the vx, they are both smaller then the SI, or DX, and use smaller manifolds as well I belive, but I could be wrong there, check the bolt spacing if you can, or mesure yours, and I'll do the same on mine.
something to watch out for is the TPS on your throttle body, it's calibrated, and not replacible as a seperate part, I've done alot of checking on this, and they tend to wear out every 180,000 miles or so, you can test them with a multi meter, checking the resistance.
The cx **** is much smaller, I ended up putting that on the car, finished pictures to come soon. Soooo much smaller.

Also doesn't have a fitv.

If anyone wants this one it's for sale cheap!
Old 03-26-2006, 08:46 PM   #9
Driving on E

Re: what year is that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland
Very true. Just check the TPS with a multimeter for continuity. It shouldn't have any dead spots.

If you need a new one, lemme know. Also, I've been meaning to post an article on how I calibrated my TPS sensor. I constructed a small 5v power supply with a Honda TPS sensor plug on it and places for the multimeter prongs. It's powered by a 9v battery and is super easy to make.

I'll have to search for the plans now.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 11:36 AM   #10

TPS's are easy to calibrate

TPS's are easy to calibrate - 0.45V @ 0% throttle, 4.5V @ 100% throttle.

GasSavers_DaX is offline   Reply With Quote