People driving the speed limit. LOL - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > The Pub > General Discussion (Off-Topic)
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2006, 01:02 PM   #1
Registered Member

People driving the speed limit. LOL

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5366552067462745475&q=speed

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:12 PM   #2
Driving on E

that was awesome.

that was awesome.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:12 PM   #3
Registered Member

That's just Wrong

It's a good video piece, but to block all 4 lanes is downright rediculous. When I drive 57 in a 70, I make sure to stay in the right or middle lanes and try to stay out of peoples way. There should always be a fast lane open to pass for folks to want to drive faster -- European rules. Stay right unless to pass, and then do it quickly. I've always let fast people around, because I've been there, and I know how much it pisses me off.

RH77
Old 03-02-2006, 01:41 PM   #4
Registered Member

Thats some funny stuff.

Thats some funny stuff.

Distance traveled by bicycle in 2007= 1,830ish miles
Average commute speed=25mph (yes, that's in a car)
kickflipjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:44 PM   #5
Registered Member

2 guys did this at rush hour

2 guys did this in toronto a few years ago to protest a speeding ticket. (if i'm not mistaken) note - they were blocking only 2 of the 4 lanes in their direction, but the "fast" 2 lanes.

EDIT: they apparently were doing this on the highway OUTSIDE of the city, where there are only 2 lanes in each direction. so they were effectively blocking all lanes.

found a source: http://www.ontla.on.ca/hansard/house_debates/37_parl/Session3/L039B.htm (do a "find" on "There was an interesting case.")

despite driving the speed limit, they were caught, charged and ultimately convicted for obstructing traffic, i believe.
MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 02:24 PM   #6
Registered Member

I never use the left lane

I never use the left lane unless I'm passing somebody. I drive 65mph on the freeway, doesn't matter if speed limit is 65, 70 or 55. If the speed limit is 55 you can find me in the left lane passing some cars otherwise I stay in the #2 lane. On street I drive in the left lane 50% of the time but it sucks that I have to accelarate really slow to get good gas mileage. Most of the time on the streets people go around me, doesn't matter what lane i'm in.

Compaq888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 02:43 PM   #7
FE nut

Re: 2 guys did this at rush hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG
2 guys did this in toronto a few years ago to protest a speeding ticket. (if i'm not mistaken) note - they were blocking only 2 of the 4 lanes in their direction, but the "fast" 2 lanes.

EDIT: they apparently were doing this on the highway OUTSIDE of the city, where there are only 2 lanes in each direction. so they were effectively blocking all lanes.

found a source: http://www.ontla.on.ca/hansard/house_debates/37_parl/Session3/L039B.htm (do a "find" on "There was an interesting case.")

despite driving the speed limit, they were caught, charged and ultimately convicted for obstructing traffic, i believe.
I have a bit of a problem with that. Granted, they shouldn't have been in the "fast" lanes but, how can you "obstuct" traffic if you are driving the "speed limit?" It pretty well proves that the government knows that the speed limits are too low but they keep them where they are to make money. VERY IRRITATING!

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 03:33 PM   #8
Registered Member

I belive the law in PA is if

I belive the law in PA is if you just drive in the fast lane for over a mile you can get a ticket (the fast lane is for passing only). I don't think they enfoce it.

Distance traveled by bicycle in 2007= 1,830ish miles
Average commute speed=25mph (yes, that's in a car)
kickflipjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 03:52 PM   #9
FE nut

Re: I belive the law in PA is if

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickflipjr
I belive the law in PA is if you just drive in the fast lane for over a mile you can get a ticket (the fast lane is for passing only). I don't think they enfoce it.
My point exactly. If the speed limit is observed the speed in the fast lane should be no faster than the speed limit. I say that you shouldn't be able to be ticketed for obstucting traffic unless you drove under the speed limit. This further proves my point that speed limits are set to make the governments money. By driving the speed limit in the so called "fast" lane would you cut into the speeding profits so they make up the difference with the bogus obstucting traffic thing.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 04:55 PM   #10
Registered Member

overall though, the people

overall though, the people that were slowed down in that video did probably get better mileage than 'usual' though.

I've been so busy lately i have been actually speeding, making my mileage pretty crappy lately, and a 'road block' like this would probably get someone else hurt.

chesspirate is offline   Reply With Quote