LaPointes new products.... - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 09-01-2006, 09:19 AM   #1
Registered Member

LaPointes new products....

Since I know people on this forum just L*O*V*E to browse LaPointes websites (in order to find things that are wrong)...I thought I post this link to a new site:

http://www.brightgreen.us/

Click on the PHOTOS LINK.

Enjoy....

a new policy....I intend to ignore the nescient...a waste of time and energy.
ZugyNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 09:24 AM   #2
Driving on E

I'd like to read more about this device. I'm open to anything.

And besides Z, just because most of what lapointe says is nonsense doesn't mean that people here have some sort of vendeta against him. There's always a gem or two here and there.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 09:41 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugyNA
Since I know people on this forum just L*O*V*E to browse LaPointes websites (in order to find things that are wrong)...I thought I post this link to a new site:

http://www.brightgreen.us/

Click on the PHOTOS LINK.

Enjoy....
I don't think people are browsing to find things that are wrong. But several people here have tried a lot of his stuff without the results claimed. It not personal it just that everytime something comes up here about something on his site it's been tried without success. Folks give there results and if someone want to go ahead an try it great. Most folks here want some kinda of data that shows the results not just a statement that it will work for all cars etc.
zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:28 AM   #4
FE nut

I sent them an email asking for information. Maybe, I'll be the guinea pig. If they work, they could help produce scary-high mileage if used on my modified '99 Saturn SL2

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
diamondlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:44 PM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclencher
OK I'll say it first: I'm starting to think an anti-LaPointe vendetta is a good idea.

Last thing we need is a quack out there burning the uninitiated and turning them off to the real deal.
People probably thought the same thing about Ben Franklin flying a kite in a thunderstorm. I don't have any problems with thinking outside the box it just that there need to be some kinda of data to back it up that's were the problem lies for me. Take Metro he has a 133 MPG segment which if somebody told me that was possible I would call them a nut but he has data to back it up. Statements with out data or useless and I don't pay much attention to them. I guess what I'm trying to say is, try to evaluate the data and not go for personal attacks.
Flame away
zpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 01:47 PM   #6
FE nut

Quote:
OK I'll say it first: I'm starting to think an anti-LaPointe vendetta is a good idea.

Last thing we need is a quack out there burning the uninitiated and turning them off to the real deal.
In some ways I agree with this. That's why I might be willing to try it to see if it doesn't work. If it doesn't, then I can warn everyone else. If I do decide to try it, it will be after I find out if they have a refund policy.

Quote:
People probably thought the same thing about Ben Franklin flying a kite in a thunderstorm. I don't have any problems with thinking outside the box it just that there need to be some kinda of data to back it up that's were the problem lies for me. Take Metro he has a 133 MPG segment which if somebody told me that was possible I would call them a nut but he has data to back it up. Statements with out data or useless and I don't pay much attention to them. I guess what I'm trying to say is, try to evaluate the data and not go for personal attacks.
Flame away
When I was first told that 70+ segments were possible in my Saturn, I couldn't see any way that could be possible. Now, I have close to half a dozen of them. This is the type of testing that this site can do to sort out the good from the bad.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn
Old 09-02-2006, 04:22 AM   #7
FE nut

Quote:
I want to know what is up with that pig or whatever that thing is?
That is supposed to be what my bank account would look like if I wasn't a hypermiler driving for max FE. I think I need to find a new avatar.

2007 Prius,

Team Slow Burn