92 Civic 1.5 engine work with CRX? - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 10-05-2006, 03:31 PM   #1
Registered Member

92 Civic 1.5 engine work with CRX?

Anyone know if this is a MPFI engine, and if so if it will have MPFI swap parts that I could use on my 88 CRX?

Found a semi-local ad that has a FREE 92 Civic 1.5 engine with auto tranny.

They took it out for an engine swap. I am thinking about going and picking it up if it will have a compatible MPFI set up on it?

Also, about how much does the motor and tranny weigh together as well as separately?

UfoTofU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 05:11 PM   #2
Driving on E

If you're asking if the MPFI parts will work... yes. The MAP sensor is in a different location, and the injectors are differnet, but that's actually a good thing. If you use obd1 (92-95) injectors you won't need an injector resistor box.

If you're asking if the engine will work, yes. to make the engine fit you'll need to use your current transmission, and swap one of the engine mounts.

The engine + tranny will be heavy.I think an auto tranny weighs like 70lbs. The engine should be around 200-300...

don't quote me on that though.

Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 09:03 PM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to GasSavers_Ryland
my 92 civic tranny weights around 50-60 pounds? my new (to me) one is sitting out side, I lifted it up to the table with one hand, and was able to carry it without getty my cloths dirty, my '85 crx hf tranny I think is about the same weight/size, altho I have not set the two side by side to find out for sure what the differnces are exactly, I just know that they are small and light, and bolted to the engine you need two people to lift them comfertably, seperated I was able to lift and carry them either alone, altho the engine was a slight strugle because of the size and shape.
GasSavers_Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 10:45 PM   #4
Driving on E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland
my 92 civic tranny weights around 50-60 pounds? my new (to me) one is sitting out side, I lifted it up to the table with one hand, and was able to carry it without getty my cloths dirty, my '85 crx hf tranny I think is about the same weight/size, altho I have not set the two side by side to find out for sure what the differnces are exactly, I just know that they are small and light, and bolted to the engine you need two people to lift them comfertably, seperated I was able to lift and carry them either alone, altho the engine was a slight strugle because of the size and shape.
I'm basing this on the weight of the HF tranny I bought last year. I think it was around 50lbs shipped.
Matt Timion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 05:50 PM   #5
Registered Member

Got the free motor

Well here it is in all it's umm glory.

This is the part that I am interested in though :

It is a D15B7. Intake Manifold has the fuel rail as well as the 4 injectors.

UfoTofU is offline   Reply With Quote