Fuelly API, Remote Update - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 11-28-2009, 11:35 PM   #1

Fuelly API, Remote Update

It's come up a few times, such as http://www.fuelly.com/forum/224/Fuelly-API and http://www.fuelly.com/forum/318/API-for-fuel-ups. Are there any news about this? This request will keep coming up in the future, especially with smartphones becoming so prevalent now.

One of my friends uses FuelFrog, and it has the unique feature of watching a user's Twitter feed for fuel-up statistics, which would be another cool way of updating remotely.

hufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:12 AM   #2
pb

No, we don't have an API in the works right now. We do think it'd be a nice addition to the site, but it's not high on the priority list.

To use Fuelly on a smartphone, be sure to check out Fuelly Mobile. And you can import and export fuel-ups.

pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 03:08 AM   #3

I'd love to see support to send updates via text message (for those of us without data plans)

Programmatically, this wouldn't be terribly hard either. Even if you entered a text message with something as cryptic as 125230 2.79 11.20, the software could confidently guess that 125230 is the odometer, and that we paid 2.79 for 11.2 gallons of fuel.

If users wanted to be more specific, they could easily add $, gal, and mi to their numbers.

Most phones also now support sending text messages to email addresses, which would make the implementation even easier!
schmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:49 AM   #4

Except schmod, we allow users to have multiple cars.

So in effect you'd have to send a text like: "hondacivic 323.3 $2.399 14.301" and remembering both the title of your car plus the order of entry, plus the proper numerals and decimals, it starts getting too complicated for a simple text.

I've found even though I have an iPhone, I'm usually in a hurry so I just jot down the odometer mileage on my gas receipts with a pen in my glove compartment, then about once a month I sit down and log them to the site.
mathowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 12:12 AM   #5
Registered Member

It's now 5 years later and I'd really love that API now :-) This post came up first in Google, so I'm guessing there still isn't one... I like the mobile version a lot. It's fast and super simple, but you can only ADD fuel ups, not see previous, or statistics.
rudiedirkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 05:16 PM   #6
Registered Member

I would also like to have access to an API for Fuelly. I started working on an open-source app for Android/iOS, before I realized that there was not already an API for your site.
nicholasbrouhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 10:28 AM   #7
Registered Member

I think it's time that we get an API, if for nothing else the ability to add fuelups; it doesn't need to be anything fancy and it's the easiest thing to implement in regards to development.

josh6025 is offline   Reply With Quote