If you didn't like my last post, you'll love this one. - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Go Back   Fuelly Forums > Fuel Talk > General Fuel Topics
Today's Posts Search Click Here to Login

Old 05-06-2007, 04:20 PM   #1
Registered Member

If you didn't like my last post, you'll love this one.

This is a conversation I had with an Ethanol producer in Ecuador trying to import some to make the switch to E85. The closest public E85 station is about 5 hours away from me and the price is 2.87/gallon last I checked two weeks ago, the price of 87 octane (regular) was around that as well. I should also add I am not politically biased in anyway. I believe in the free market, economics, and liberty like many people believe in god so this had me going for days. I have imported things before from China so I figured I would have no problem doing this.

The only thing changed was my name.

SPM8(22:12:32): Hola, hablas ingles? Soy de los Estados Unidos.
Sansone Massimiliano(22:12:50): yes i do
SPM8(22:12:54): Great
Sansone Massimiliano(22:13:13): my name is Massimiliano Sansone ,fine to meet you
SPM8(22:13:28): My name is SPM8 please to meet you as well.
Sansone Massimiliano(22:13:39): ok
SPM8(22:13:50): Would I be able to buy perhaps 1-2 m3 Ethanol from your company for personal use?
SPM8(22:13:58): My friends and I would like to sue it for our race cars.
SPM8(22:14:00): *use
Sansone Massimiliano(22:15:25): I m sorry we sell only wholesale ethanol minimum 20 Millions M3
SPM8(22:15:42): haha that is too much for me
SPM8(22:15:50): do you know of anyone who would fulfill a small order?
Sansone Massimiliano(22:16:04): do you live in USA?
SPM8(22:16:12): Yes.
Sansone Massimiliano(22:16:19): wait
Sansone Massimiliano(22:16:30): or better contact me in 10 minutes
Sansone Massimiliano(22:16:41): i will ask ask for u
SPM8(22:17:17): I will wait for you to contact me again.
SPM8(22:17:20): Gracias.
Sansone Massimiliano(22:17:42): ok in ten minutes i will chat with u again,reamin on the line
SPM8(22:17:55): I will thank you.
Sansone Massimiliano(22:29:28): so I have asked and here is the response:
Sansone Massimiliano(22:31:25): due to the resistance of the powerfull petroleum industries in Usa,the ethanol is rare to find in the USA,even if the politic of Bush seems to give an impulse from the other side seems all a blog,to make that appearing to the people.The fuel of ethanol is called in USA ,E 85

Spinningmarkviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:39 AM   #2
Team GasMisers5!

The petroleum industry is simply big business, to get as much money as they can and ensure the competition can't survive. Hence the Chevron Patents on large form-factor NiMH batteries, to prevent EV use at the present time (although Li-Ion batteries are now filling that gap).

What they don't realise, is that, even if they have *another* couple of billion due to these tactics, then so what, if the climate is causing chaos and nations are beginning to fall apart?

It also seems they don't realise their oil would be useful for e.g. medicine, creation of plastics, that kind of thing, and will always be useful for that. They just want to get it out of the wells as quick as possible and not care about the environment when doing so.

Team GasMisers5 - #1 for first three rounds of the original GS Fuel Economy Challenge
Miles displaced by e-bike since 1 Jan 2008: 62.6 (0 kWh used)
Hypomiler
landspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:28 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
The petroleum industry is simply big business, to get as much money as they can and ensure the competition can't survive. Hence the Chevron Patents on large form-factor NiMH batteries, to prevent EV use at the present time (although Li-Ion batteries are now filling that gap).
Ever seen the propaganda TV commercials that tell us, they are "working on solutions" for future energy? Then the camera shows clouds and flowers. Sure thing, when they buy out all the Patients for Vapor carburetors, batteries, and alternative fuel, so no one else can.

What else does the petroleum industry, do to snuff out competition? Any websites, etc with that info also? They Spencer political leaders too, don't they? And people wonder why the government isn't doing anything about the oil companies...

Post I made on Yahoo answers:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...0022635AA85eC3