Latest New Guy! - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 07-30-2007, 05:42 PM   #1
Registered Member

Latest New Guy!

Hi guy's, I guess i'm the latest new member. I'll post a bit about myself, and my cars. First off, i'm a performance freak that takes a keen interest in saving some fuel too. I have worked in the race industry for about 20 years.
I've got my own engine dyno, and complete machine shop facility, so experiments happen quite easily for me. My car that i spend time working with is a 1988 Pontiac Firefly...yes, actually a Suzuki. I have a 1.3 16 valve engine in it, with a T25 Turbocharger, front mount intercooler. I use a Innovate LM1 to monitor exhaust O2, and sometimes use it's output to Bias the O2 signal to my ECU too. I use a Perfect Power SMT6 to fire an extra set of injectors under boost, so i can run a lot of boost, without messing up the good tuning of the factory Suzuki ECU. I guess i should mention that the car has been converted to 1999 electronics and electrical from front to back, so it's running a ODBll system now with map sensor, and a distributorless ignition.
This car has been lightened to about 1520 lbs, so it performs well, and usually gets mid 40's MPG conbined City/Hwy (Canadian gallon)
My other reason for being here is my Jeep Grand Cherokee...man, I try every trick in the book to improve the fuel miliage on that slug. It still seems like it has a leak in the tank after driving my Suzuki!
Anyway, i see that this group has some great thinkers, and i've already enjoyed reading old posts. I'm looking forward to drawing on your experience to further my learning, and hope i can help some of you people too when the need arrives.
Darcy

Mr.Pipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:31 PM   #2
|V3|2D

Send a message via AIM to thisisntjared
man... i want to see some gaslogs and time slips from this car!!