'03 Vibe GT - new member - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 05-13-2008, 12:30 PM   #1
Registered Member

Talking '03 Vibe GT - new member

Hello all, & thanks for the great site. I have a 2003 Pontiac Vibe GT that gets somewhere between 25-30 mpg typically. 6-speed trannie, 1.8L engine. 57000 miles. Nothing modded, just trying to tweak out my driving habits and squeeze more out of this lady. Any other Vibe owners with recommendations drop me a line. Getting ready for a few summer road trips and trying to make the most.

As an aside, I traded in my last car (a 99 VW GLS) for the Vibe. I think the VW got better mileage, but the thing was a costly beast and I was in and out of the shop at least once a month. Nightmare.

And to all of you guys & girls reading this forum, thank you. At least you're trying .

Old 05-13-2008, 01:53 PM   #2
Registered Member

How long have you had the Vibe and how many miles have you put on it? I need AWD and have been considering a Vibe.

Don

dm1333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:26 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm1333 View Post
How long have you had the Vibe and how many miles have you put on it? I need AWD and have been considering a Vibe.

Don
I've had the Vibe since December and we've put close to 10k miles on it since then. It's been a great car, and it came highly recommended. Roomy, decent FE. It's basically a Toyota Matrix, sourced from a Corolla chassis and and Celica engine. I've had no mechanical problems at all. My only complaint is a bug with the power windows, but those were just recalled so all is well again . Check out genvibe.com and ask around on the forums, all of the owners seem generally happy. I'm not as familiar with the AWD, but I do know that it gets better gas mileage than my GT.

James