Obama: 'Inflate your tires' - Fuelly Forums

Click here to see important news regarding the aCar App

Old 08-01-2008, 09:30 AM   #1
Registered Member

Obama: 'Inflate your tires'

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=71044

Every news report I've seen has blasted Obama for even suggesting that tire inflation is worth talking about, yet it's listed as the #1 single thing to do to increase gas mileage on this website.

Inflating my own tires to max pressure has seemed to give me about 10% better mileage, according to my Scan Gauge. Why are Americans so reluctant to do simple things to conserve gasoline?

vectorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:36 AM   #2
Registered Member

Yes it's a biggie, Wile-E will do as bad as 25mpg with his tires 3psi under.

I remember The RoadWarrior..To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time..the world was powered by the black fuel & the desert sprouted great cities..Gone now, swept away..two mighty warrior tribes went to war & touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing..thundering machines sputtered & stopped..Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice
GasSavers_RoadWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:43 AM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to theholycow Send a message via AIM to theholycow Send a message via MSN to theholycow Send a message via Yahoo to theholycow
I don't like Obama, but at least he's got something right.

Inflating tires provokes irrational fear in the masses and in the media. The reality is that most people don't have a compressor strong enough to make their worst fear, popping the tire, come true; and the other common fears are illogical or don't come true in reality either.

I wrote at length about it in the tire pressure link in my sig...
Old 08-01-2008, 11:40 AM   #4
Registered Member

The American public isn't always interested in facts. It's like the person who won't buy a Dodge Grand Caravan from me because they know all about Dodge's bad transmissions, but the Chrysler Town and Country is the ultimate van for them. Same van, different options and slightly different styling, but perception has become reality in our society.

Greyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:44 AM   #5
Registered Member

This is why I don't like democrats. The followers always follow the leader. They never think for themselves. I think that is one of the most stupid things I have ever heard (we don't have to drill if you inflate your tires). People don't understand, regardless of your fuel consumption (100 mpg vs 10 mpg) we will eventually have to drill every reserve know to man unless you quit using oil. Hey, look at me... lets follow Obama, he knows everything and will save the world... Ha Ha Ha...
civic lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:59 AM   #6
Registered Member

Democrats or Republicans, it doesn't matter, they are all too self serving to care about the common guy. I will give Obama credit for mentioning tire pressure. I have customers regularly come in complaining about fuel economy, I check their tire pressure and they're running at 25 lbs. I ask them when the last time they checked and often the answer is whatever previous season (spring, winter, whatever) when they had it in for an oil change. Regardless of which loser we "elect" this fall we as a nation need to lose our sense of self-entitlement and take personal responsibility for our own actions. This can be as small as checking our tire pressure everytime we fill up (which we are really supposed to do anyway along with checking the oil and other fluids) and it will start us on the right path to becoming a nation of adults instead of whiny petulant children who perceive themselves as victims with "the other guy" always at fault.

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Old 08-01-2008, 12:20 PM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyg View Post
Democrats or Republicans, it doesn't matter, they are all too self serving to care about the common guy. Regardless of which loser we "elect" this fall we as a nation need to lose our sense of self-entitlement and take personal responsibility for our own actions.

...whiny petulant children who perceive themselves as victims with "the other guy" always at fault.

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
but it does matter!!! there are MAJOR fundamental differences in parties. you sound VERY much like a conservative(nothing wrong w/ that), which puts you nearest to the republican side.

and NO, you are not wrong!

i agree they're(politicians) mostly corrupt, but at least the republicans support small gov't and personal responsibility, not to mention domestic drilling.
bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:27 PM   #8
Registered Member

Not to turn this into a political discussion, but, Democrats are tax and spend, Republicans are tax-cut and spend. It doens't matter which one, they will both provide a significant contribution to the decline and fall of our country until we take it back and vote for leaders and not politicians. It can happen, back in the day the 2 major parties were Federalists and the Whigs, if my history is correct. It shows we can take back whats ours and cause change in the government, it just usually takes sacrifice and we're a little short on willingness to do that as a society.

On a side note, my Scan guage shipped today!

Old 08-01-2008, 12:57 PM   #9
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyg View Post
On a side note, my Scan guage shipped today!
how dare you digress!

i'm with ya, we need break out of the norm. but, given the two, i'll take the "tax-cut and spend" anyday!
bowtieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:02 PM   #10
Registered Member

I'll vote for the "free beer" party!